Farina Woman’s Club
General Federation of Woman’s Clubs
The General Federation of Women's Clubs, one of the world's largest and oldest nonpartisan, nondenominational, women's volunteer service organizations, was founded in 1890 and chartered by the 56th United States Congress in 1901.

More than 100,000 members in affiliated clubs in every state and more than a dozen countries work in their own communities to support the arts, preserve natural resources, advance education, promote healthy lifestyles, encourage civic involvement, and work toward world peace and understanding.

In 2006, GFWC and its members raised nearly $32 million on behalf of more than 230,000 projects, and volunteered more than 8.4 million hours.

The Farina Woman’s Club was formed by Jennie Haley in 1924.  The club met in her home for 5 years.  The first project of the club was selling homemade pies.  The money from that project was used to build a rock road to the Farina Cemetery.

The club joined the General Federation of Woman’s Clubs in 1931.  

Today the club meets in the homes of the members on the 3rd Tuesday of the Month
At 1:00 P.M.

Our club committees and areas of interest include:
Public Affairs
Home Life
For information about becoming a member of
The Farina Woman’s Club
Please contact:
Gwen Ware
R.R.#1,  103 S. Hickory
Farina, IL 62838
Our Annual Club Projects:

Bring Food Items Monthly for Food Pantry
Annual Community Prayer Breakfast
Judge Homes in Summer for Beautification
Sponsor Christmas Lighting Contest
Decorate Muni Park
Sponsor Other Village Decorations
Summer Flower Tubs in Downtown Area
Collect Pill Bottles for Western Haiti Missions

President -----------Gwen Ware
Vice President-------------------Mary Kay Sigrist
Secretary-----------Kay Rodgers
Treasurer-----------Laura Engel
Click to Visit our Links


GFWC Illinois